Saturday, May 05, 2007

Chris Rock

Okay, so I'm slow when it comes to seeing popular movies. I don't really recommend Chris Rock's "Never Scared". Someone loaned it to me about a month ago, and I haven't been able to make it through the DVD due to the profanity. But....

Chris Rock said something funny about America. After saying repeatedly that America's the greatest country in the world, even for Blacks, he said this:

We Black Americans should be grateful to be here, but we have to be a little leery about being here. America is like that uncle that paid your way through college, but molested you. Pretty deep. Comedy's powerful.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Chris Rock is my favorite comedian (in spite of the profanity) because he is observations are always on point. Even if you don't laugh, he makes you think. Never Scared isn't his best standup concert (that would be Bigger and Blacker), but it grows on you. The first time I watched it, I was a little disappointed. However, I saw it again recently when it was playing on HBO one night, and I laughed a lot more than I did the first time I saw it.