Saturday, June 02, 2007

DA T.R.U.T.H. and Friends Live

Just a word about the new Truth DVD (title above). It's off the chain! Just ordered it online this week and watched it yesterday, and it was awesome. It was taped at the last IMPACT Conference, and it features Da T.R.U.T.H. (rappin' w. a live band). Just a wonderful time of hip hop worship!

Guest appearances by Trip Lee, Flame, Ambassador, and CM really round out this dynamic DVD. I was encouraged, too, by the fact that CM has successfully made Bible centered, Christ centric hip hop a staple now, having passed the baton on to Truth, Trip Lee, Flame, and others. Not only that but it's powerful seeing and hearing these godly young men rap about God, putting the Lord on a pedestal, and living lives that testify to God's awesome power and grace!

Only one question: Where are the strong Christian FEMALE emcees?

I have a 19 year old special needs daughter who has multiple challenges (non verbal, developmentally delayed, incontinent, physical anomalies in fingers and hands, and so on). I tell her jokingly a lot what I want her to be when she 'grows up': a Christian female emcee. Now I've taken to telling her that in heaven I want to see her rock the mic for Jesus, and I'll be in the audience nodding my head. :-) I would love to see some daughters of Abraham, so to speak, who can flow with the same skill yet the same biblical soundness as the brothers above....

No comments: