Wednesday, April 18, 2007

VA Tech Tragedy

My heart goes out to all those affected personally by this tragedy. I am praying and grieving with the victims' loved ones, though I know the sadness I feel is nothing compared to what they are going through.

Great shock, sadness, then anger about how easy it is to get a gun, then compassion even for the gunman (who was obviously mentally ill) were some of my initial feelings. Purposely I avoided watching too much coverage of this incident because, sadly, I did not want to feel deeply the pain and heartache I knew I would feel hearing details. Just this morning I watched the clip below my cousin sent me, and I cried.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/225/popup/index.php?cl=2418838

Just want to encourage folks to let yourselves 'feel' in this situation, and maybe it will prompt you to pray for victims' families, even for the victim himself, and vote for legislation making it more difficult to get ahold of guns, as well as for policies that serve the mentally ill.

No comments: